Happy New Year - Happy New Advertising

Hello there, I hope your Christmas break was everything you hoped it would be and that you got to spend lots of time with the people who matter to you (even if that's just yourself).

As I make the first office cuppa of the year thoughts inevitably turn to our hopes, dreams and ambitions for this brand new year that is laid-out untouched in front of us.

No don't worry, I'm not going to launch into some LinkedIn style 'you can do anything you want' self-help nonsense. There are plenty of people doing that, and I'd rather not be one of them.

Something that has caught my eye over the last few days is much talk of whether this will be the year we see change in ad agencies to adapt to the world and changing business around them.

As someone at a company set-up a good time ago to change the way creative agencies work and get the best out of their people, this frustrates me no end.

So I suppose that is one of my hopes for 2018.

Not that the ad industry or ad agencies will change or evolve.

But that more people will realise change had happened already and is happening currently in this industry.

It's just not in the places that industry commentators are looking.

You wont find it in the 'top 50 agencies' (ranked by size obviously), no matter how long you stare.

Smart clients have realised this already, maybe it's time for the trades and intermediaries to catch up?

Have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.