Visit London? But, er, I'm already here...

Maybe I'm oversimplifying this advertising lark, but something jumped out at me when I got handed a copy of the London Lite 'newspaper' tonight. The front and back cover, and the inside covers, were emblazoned with the bold advertising message "See the world. Visit London."

The London Lite is a newspaper for people in London. Handed-out by hand, to people in London. On the streets - of London.

Now, this is where I get confused. I am in London. You handed me this paper on London Bridge over the River Thames, as I got off a red London Bus. I could not possibly be more in London if was wearing a pearly hat, eating jellied eels, with the Queen, in Harrods.

Help me out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.